Hey, you can't criticize commies when you worship one!
Commie lover
I'm out of here.
Well I know he was just trying to rile me up and I know it probably was done with a tough firmly in cheek but I have got to respond. Maybe Lefse Man can back me up or shoot me down as he sees fit.
----- Clint can safely ignore all below -----
See as how I worship only one guy I would assume you are alluding to the idea that Jesus was a Communist/Socialist.
You have made this claim before and I still don't understand why. In fact Martin Luther tried to put that idea to bed some 500 years ago.
For baptism does not make men free in body and property, but in soul; and the gospel does not make goods common, except in the case of those who, of their own free will, do what the apostles and disciples did in Acts 4 [:32–37]. They did not demand, as do our insane peasants in their raging, that the goods of others—of Pilate and Herod—should be common, but only their own goods. Our peasants, however, want to make the goods of other men common, and keep their own for themselves. Fine Christians they are!
Jesus asked his followers to sell their belongings and follow him. Asking for only what they needed to live and taking only what was given freely to them.
Statist communism is the opposite of that. The state takes all your belongings. And you are given only what they think you need.
He was asking his disciples to follow him and he would provide for what they really needed (salvation of their soul and enough food along the way to keep them alive)
Communism styles itself as a secular savior of the poor. They demand that you follow them and provide whatever they deem necessary to their continued control of power.
They are nothing like the same.
It is the difference between sharing your HotWheel cars with a friend so that you can play together and having a bully kick you in the head while he takes your cars away.
Hello,
ReplyDeleteJesus is a communist but not a Marxist. Christianity is voluntary in the generally understood sense of the term "voluntary." Jesus doesn't force people to join.
Those who join are for sharing though.
Do you agree? If not, why not?
God bless
Tom Usher
Real Liberal Christian Church