Wednesday, May 13, 2009
To Boldly Blog
I have to agree with Mike. The new Star Trek movie is pretty good. I do have some issues with it though. As much as I was surprised to discover that Spock and Uhuru were (are?) an item, that I can live with. It's the altering of the timeline that has me concerned. Star Trek has always been big into time travel and making changes in the timeline. If you recall the DS9 episode where the commander guy went back in time and was on the 'Trouble with Tribbles' episode. I believe he even took part in the bar fight with the Klingons. When he was debriefed by some Star Fleet time travel police guys, they mentioned that Kirk was notorious for having the most time travel violations of anyone. However, in all the times that they've traveled through the 4th dimension, they've fixed whatever was changed. I guess that kids these days don't hold TOS as sacred as us old timers and can live with an altered Star Trek universe. In fact, they probably don't even know how much it's been changed. The interested thing is that the director is also the director of Lost. Currently on Lost (season Finale tonight) there are 2 separate story lines. Separate by 30 years. Most of the main characters from the 2004 plane crash are currently alive and well is good old 1977. The rest are in 2007. All of them did get from 2004 to 2007 the old fashioned way, same us you and I. But I digress. But, just like that guy who worked on Back to the Future and Forrest Gump, this guy must sure like playing with time. I sure make me wonder when the next movie will be about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment